Monday, January 31, 2011

Becoming Well-Rounded


Well we've made it to the half way point. Yesterday marked the beginning of the 21st week. Bring on the second half.

As I venture further into this pregnancy, there are so many things I feel I need to accomplish before The Bean arrives. I don't mean just the normal nesting stuff, getting the nursery ready, prepping clothes and diapers. All of a sudden I have this need to sew and to quilt. I want to be able to sew up some things for the baby, to make a quilt to snuggle in, to not rely on store bought items.

I guess this is all part of the adventure to being "well-rounded." I've been reflecting on what I'm good at, what needs to be learned, what needs to be improved, and what needs to be let go. There are some things I feel good about right now like my abilities to teach my students (although I did have a nightmare about losing control of my class), growing The Bean, eating healthy, going to yoga, and taking my vitamins.

There are other things I feel I am not so good at right now such as fulfilling my creativity quotient, being creative in the kitchen (although I did make a mean teriyaki sauce the other day), keeping up with cleaning, putting away laundry, and getting school work done in a timely fashion.

I begin to worry about these things I am lacking in and how I will be able to change those things and adjust before (and when) The Bean arrives. I suppose that's all in the process of being well-rounded. I know one thing I am good at, adaptability. I'll just rely on that for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Every Day A Waltz by Email
 
Subscribe in a reader