Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday in Stitches


Saturday morning are great for knitting. A cup of coffee to sip, the peaceful click click click of knitting needles, and a cozy kitty next to me. So much quieter than the hustle and noise of my classroom on a daily basis during the week. Eighth graders can sure make a racket. Even my smallest classroom of thirteen students can be so loud. I don't notice it while teaching, it's just part of the daily business, but then when I am home and sitting in this quiet I realize how noisy the days really are. Back to my click click clicking...


Working on a sweet soft sweater for a newborn little angel. A good friend of mine just had a little baby girl and when searching through my patterns I just had to make this particular sweater (link will be added later after she gets it). I'm using Sublime Yarns Baby Cashmere Merino Silk DK in the "Pebble" colorway. It is so super soft and squishy. I will have to make The Bean something in this delicious yarn as well, perhaps a little sweater for cool summer evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Every Day A Waltz by Email
 
Subscribe in a reader